7 December 2010 39 Comments

Press Release : USA 2011 Tour Announcement

An Evening with the church

Future Past Perfect. Winter Tour USA 2011

Three decades of the church in three classic albums.

Untitled #23, Priest=Aura and Starfish performed in their entirety in one night. In an unprecedented touring event the church return to select cities in the USA to play not one, but three classic albums in one night!

The band, recently inducted into the Australian Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame, will begin the night in the present, covering the last decade with the critically acclaimed Untitled #23. Proceeding backwards into the ‘90s the band will then perform perennial fan favourite, Priest=Aura (an album not supported by a tour when originally released in the USA).  And, what better way to conclude the evening than with a performance of the all-time classic album, Starfish.

Come early, leave late and enjoy three great albums in succession played live and electric from one of the great inventive rock bands of our time.

Reissues of the band’s early albums will also finally be available in the USA alongside contemporary releases, all on the Second Motion Entertainment label. The reissues will come in luxurious digi-packs with rare photos and exhaustive sleeve notes written by Marty Willson-Piper.

Constantly releasing new challenging material, embracing their past and reinventing themselves in the present, touring across the decades, performing their music in many different ways, the church continue to evolve into a unique musical entity.  This event is an experience not to be missed for music lovers of all ages, creeds, denominations and persuasions.

the church US Dates February 2011

2 – Los Angeles, CA. – El Rey Theatre
4 – San Francisco, CA. – Great American Music Hall
7 – Seattle, WA. – Triple Door
8 – Seattle, WA. – Triple Door
11 – Chicago, IL. – Park West
13 – Alexandria, VA. – The Birchmere
15 – Philadelphia, PA. – The Trocadero
16 – New York, NY. – Highline Ballroom
17 – New York, NY. – B.B. King’s
18 – Foxboro, MA. – Showcase Live
22 – Atlanta, GA – The Variety Playhouse

* Please note that Feb 21 will be a special acoustic show at The Handlebar in Greenville, SC.

39 Responses to “Press Release : USA 2011 Tour Announcement”

1. pernath 7 December 2010 at 10:47 pm #

priest f$$ aura in its entirety?? that is as gargantuan as its great…

2. eekie 8 December 2010 at 12:51 am #

How kind of you to tour here for my birthday! Thanks! 🙂

3. wtbaucom 8 December 2010 at 3:42 am #

This is great news! See ya in Chicago. No Detroit?

4. jimhb 8 December 2010 at 5:25 am #

How about a Denver Colorado date? You left us off the last tour!

• Dwe11er 12 December 2010 at 2:26 am #

The Church have quite a loyal fan base in Denver. Past shows, here, have been near full houses and always a pleasure. We’d love another chance to you guys! Please come.

5. echowall 8 December 2010 at 7:39 am #

Awesome sauce! End of the tour in my hometown. Fantastic. thanks guys. CAN NOT WAIT!

6. Ryan 8 December 2010 at 7:43 am #

This is mind-blowing! Please come to Atlanta.

• distearth 8 December 2010 at 12:36 pm #

I second Atlanta! Anymore Atlantians, I will be going to NY (like I did for Untitled), if a date for ATL doesn’t show up soon. Anyone wanna split some costs, I have friends there…

• jd 10 December 2010 at 2:20 am #

We need Atlanta. May 1 was great. I thought Steve liked the South…Is there any chance that more dates will be added? Does anyone know? Thanks! jd

• analogwasteland 11 December 2010 at 1:22 am #

Just wanted to throw another vote ATL’s way. The show in May was amazing and a great crowd always turns out here for The Church.

• Ron Bonham 20 December 2010 at 2:54 am #

On the band FB today they posted an Atlanta date might close the tour, FYI.

7. Bliga 8 December 2010 at 9:56 pm #

Please bring this tour to the Uk/Europe guys, been crying out for an electric gig from the church for years now!
    And to play those three albums in one night, it’s almost like you read my mind. 😉

8. MartyTheScot 9 December 2010 at 12:17 am #

Nothing for the Anniversary tour and no fecking date in Toronto again?

9. jb 9 December 2010 at 2:13 am #

To echo MartyTheScot

Please bring this to the UK!

10. canarybreeze 9 December 2010 at 4:01 am #

another vote from me to come to the uk – just looked into the cost of flight to usa – just extortionate!!

please guys, we luv ya here, especially in scotland

11. Ron Bonham 9 December 2010 at 8:16 am #

Still have airfare from the show I missed in Atlanta this year so it’s onto NYC in the dead of winter to see 2 shows. Merry friggin’ Crimmas!

12. andy 9 December 2010 at 11:31 pm #

even just one gig…..pretty please?
    or has the UK just dropped off your radar forver?
    theres a lot of love for you guys here……..

13. davem 11 December 2010 at 8:17 am #

I’m not sure if the band read HW nowadays.
    Lots of us are keen to see you do at least a date or two in the UK/Europe….how can we help make it happen?

14. smee0822 11 December 2010 at 8:38 am #

IS there any chance that you can add Cahrlotte, North Carolina?

15. Tomasska 14 December 2010 at 9:35 pm #

I don’t think they like England much, I’m sure I read it somewhere.

16. Gary 16 December 2010 at 2:33 am #

Tickets purchased for San Francisco. Flight gets in from Scotland four hours before the gig starts. Now that’s dedication.

• metropolis 18 December 2010 at 12:24 am #

The Great American Music Hall is a fantastic venue, especially for an epic show like this. I would advise getting in line as early as you can to ensure you get a nice seat on the balcony level, as the show will probably run about three hours and standing for that long could be quite tiresome! If you have any questions about S.F., the venue, places to eat, etc, than drop me a line. I’ll be attending the show, as well, and this will be my first Church gig. I can’t wait! Flying all the way from Scotland, eh? Wow, you must be an Uber-Fan!

• Gary 2 February 2011 at 2:37 am #

Thanks for the info metropolis. Flight arrival time will most likely preclude getting in line early. Just praying we’re not late.

17. arlenbme 17 December 2010 at 10:21 am #

Would gladly fly to any of those shows if they’d guarentee a show thats STRICTLY electric. No acoustic. Saw that version of “Jazzy Reptile” on youtube and it made me nauseous… I can justify flying 1200 miles to Foxborough for electric “Reptile”, but no way in hell I am going for “Jazzy Reptile”.

18. thedudeabides 20 December 2010 at 4:45 am #

Atlanta deeply wishes you to grace her city with your electricity. We have always done our best to make you feel welcome, and we will do so again if you reach into you musical shaman’s bag and stone us immaculate.

• jd 21 December 2010 at 8:21 am #

Please come to the ATL. We wish to receive your electric onslaught. Let’s burn this town like Sherman.

19. Charcasoup 21 December 2010 at 10:46 am #

Please come back to Charlotte. Saw the 30th show. Now I NEED the electric show. Please come. You are the best band of ALL time. Take the south by storm!

20. shadow 21 December 2010 at 4:33 pm #

Two tix to GAMH here, I can hardly wait.

21. Neil Donaghy 25 December 2010 at 3:35 am #

Please bring this show to the UK guys – feeling a bit left out here…

22. Ryan 27 December 2010 at 11:55 am #

Thanks for the Atlanta date!

• jd 28 December 2010 at 3:00 am #

YES! Thank you so much for adding Atlanta. It’s refreshing to know that our voices have been heard. It will be a great evening! All the best! jd

23. PaulN 30 December 2010 at 3:52 am #

Outstanding news on the ATL show. I will be driving down from Tennessee for it. 4th time to make the trip to ATL for the band and never disappointed.

24. podge 1 January 2011 at 1:38 am #

Can not wait to see you in Atlanta!! Where is everybody meeting before the show?

25. jeffaze 1 January 2011 at 5:16 am #

Guys, I’ve been a fan since “Remote Luxury.”
    PLEASE come to Florida after the Atlanta date! The weather is perfect in February. Miami, West Palm Beach, St. Pete, Orlando, anyplace would be cool.
    BTW– The Chicago show was sublime last April!

26. BlurredCrusader 4 January 2011 at 11:45 pm #

You guys never disappoint. Love the recent conceptual shows. This is one of the many reasons why you’re better than all other live bands.

27. 510photoart 6 January 2011 at 6:10 am #

Can’t wait for the SF show at Great American Music Hall! Only local show I missed starting from 1996 was at the Kilowat. Favorite was at Slim’s around the Hologram of Baal time period. Blue lights and fog machine with a long jam were excellent. Hey… the ball point pen autograph on my Art Attack cd has faded after these past ten or twelve years from a solo MWP gig in SF. I think it was at an “actual church” in Noe Valley. Where can I bring a cd and a sharpie?

28. Churchfuzz 29 January 2011 at 8:42 am #